Saturday 11 April 2015

Make up: What to use if you just starting out

There is a few people I ask for advice to make sure of my facts and when it comes to make up,I am always sure to contact Terri Lucks-Richards make-up artist.I am a huge make-up enthusiast but not close to being a make-up artist.This post will be in two parts.1.When to start introducing make-up into your daughters' beauty regiment and what make-up products are best to start with and 2.Which make-up products to start using as an adult that hasn't used make-up before but would like to.So basically essential products to have as your starter make-up kit as you become more  comfortable  with make-up you can then start building your collection.


Above are pics of Tamsen ( my creative assistant ; nails lol). It was a make-up look I did for her to show her ,how she can apply make-up without having to look like it's cakes on.(the bottom pic appears a lot whiter than it actually was due to the SPF in the foundation,when a foundation has SPF in it reflects the light of the flash leaving you looking quite pale).

When is a good time to start introducing make- up into your daughters' beauty regiment?

So this is a bit of a tricky question and is ultimately based on the parent/parents' preference,as personally I would hold back up until my daughter actually ask/tells me that she would like to start wearing make-up(want my angel to be my baby for as long as I can have her,they grow up so quickly).

However I reckon that a good age would be at about 13 years old.

The first and most important products to purchase will be your skin care products, your cleanser,toner and moisturiser (Yardley has a great range for young skin) this is actually very important for everyone who wears make-up. Many people think that make-up causes pimples which is not true. The main cause of make-up related breakouts occur due to it the make-up not being removed properly.

Once that has been purchased I would recommend getting a bb cream, a lipgloss,a natural blush and mascara(this is always good to have).A good brand to use would be Essence they are manufactured in Germany  , affordable and aimed at teenagers, so it won't mess up their skin.

Which make-up products to purchase as an adult that would like to start wearing make-up ; The starter kit.

Get a matte eyeshadow trio in neutral colours like taupe/brown, beige and maybe a darker colour for a smokey eye on a date night like dark blue or grey.

An eyeliner(Essence waterproof mascara is very nice and long lasting)

A mascara (Avon is nice as it is good quality and affordable)

A shimmer stick/bronzer for glow.

A nude lipstick(your own lip colour or slightly darker).And a red lipstick for a night out(Click here to see how to choose the perfect red for you)

A lovely blush (Ralo has a very nice , long lasting and good quality blushes and wide range of colours)

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please comment below and then i can answer your questions with a follow up post.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for always being a sounding bored,I really appreciate it :).Please share on your fb timeline :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like Essence (the nail polish, also the eye crayon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their nail polish is Ama-ziiing :) They are launching a new gel range(no lamp required).I have never tried their eye crayon before will check it out,thanks so much for telling me about it :D

      Delete
  4. this post is amaze, thanks for adding where to get them aswell as it makes it easier getting the products , thanks again ;) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayesha :) Much appreciated,means a lot to me

      Delete