Monday 16 February 2015

Cynthia Morgan Music Video shoot

I am currently suffering from death by sunburn, but am pleased to be able to share my experience of me being a special(extra) on the a music video for Cynthia Morgan a sassy,fun,sexy and down to earth lady dubbed by me as the first lady of Hip Hop in Africa.

I was browsing through my Facebook feed Saturday evening and came across one very special post calling all dancers and extra's that are interested in being in a music video and obviously I was,thankfully I was off and I'm never off (I sadly work every weekend).

Sunday morning was a rush to get done as our call time was at 8am,our outfits were to be inspired by Rihanna's shut up and drive video so off I went with my denim shorts tight top and 3 PAIRS OF HEELS as well as some extra shorts to wear if the one I was wearing didn't suit the wardrobe requirements, the reason why I have placed emphasis on the heels was because when we got to the set the director wanted us all to wear takkies for the shoot(BOL,typical of me to be a dwank lol),luckily for me we had the awesome Tracy Rosslind (stylist/casting director) that would go to the ends of the earth to make sure that all goes well with the shoot,that even took her boots off so that everything would be 100%.

The experience I had was amazing from jumping off cars to chatting to superstars and just gaining so much knowledge from everything made me so humble and appreciative And i can't be more grateful for it.

However this has definitely taught me a few lessons.

1.Always wear sunblock!Days on set are long and you don't know what the weather is going to be(it's Cape Town so we have four seasons in one day).If you don't this will be the aftermath.(See Pic Below)
 2. Always make sure that you have one of each type of item so flats, heels or takies(shoes)
     tight top,loose top,long top or crop top(top)
 

Below is a bunch of pics of the awesome time we had on location.















Peace and love 
CoCo



No comments:

Post a Comment